Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 08:01:59 GMT by
I'd like to import MS-Polymer silicone sealing materials for use in glass, windows, construction, automobiles, and electronics. I'm interested in understanding the necessary licenses and certifications required to enter the UK market. I've done some research and discovered that I'll likely need REACH certification due to the product's chemical properties. RoHS is a necessity for electronic applications, and SGS and CLP might be necessary as standard practice. However, I'm uncertain whether a UKCA marking is required. It's worth mentioning that the company has already secured ISO and DCL certifications from Dubai.
Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 06:16:41 GMT by
I have found an answer by myself: The CE marking is NOT required for the following products: Chemicals Pharmaceuticals Cosmetics Foodstuffs But I will keep this open for a discussion
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:17:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tao Sheng,
Customers can use trader tariff to check the licensing requirement of a commodity:
Trade Tariff: look up commodity codes, duty and VAT rates
For more information on UKCA markings please check below link:
Using the UKCA marking
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.