Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 10:51:33 GMT by light relief
Hi, We have an import for which we've received the CDS Entry document (C88), but it still hasn't appeared on our PVA Statement. As the PVA statement is the evidence for VAT, we've been so far unable to put this entry through our VAT return. We've asked the freight forwarder to check that it did actually clear customs, and they have confirmed that it's clear and is showing no errors on CDS. Can you please advise next steps?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 08:48:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

We would recommend to contact the freight agent again. As long as the agent has completed the import entry correctly and has used the correct EORI number and ticked the correct box for PVA, this should automatically produce the PVA ststement.

You can find guidane on what to do if you cannot access your statements here:

Get your postponed import VAT statement

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 08:20:15 GMT by light relief
Hi, I have contacted the freight forwarder again, and re-checked the CDS entry document - everything is correct and it shows as clear on their system. As the goods have been in free circulation for a few months now, I'm keen to put this through our VAT return. How do I proceed without the PVA as evidence? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 05:21:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi light relief,
Please follow the guidance regarding missing statements here:
Get your postponed import VAT statement
This details how you may estimate the import VAT fiquares when there has been aproblem with your statements. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.