Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 18:36:48 GMT by
Do we need to apply for TOR to relocate from ROI to UK. We will be bringing furniture and personal belongings and a couple of pets? If so, how much detail do I need to give. We want to avoid any of issues at the port. We have a removal company delivering most of our belongings.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 10:13:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you can get relief from customs charges due on personal belongings and other goods, when transferring your place of residence to:
  • Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales)
  • Northern Ireland from outside the EU
If you are moving from the EU to Northern Ireland, you will not need to apply for transfer of residence (ToR) relief due to freedom of movement. You can see guidance here:

Transfer of residence to the UK

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.