Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 10:25:08 GMT by Edgar
Hello. I want to submit a BOR286 application for a parcel imported through Royal Mail. Firstly, is there an email address I can send it to, instead of mailing it by post? The very similar C&E1179, for instance, can be sent to Secondly, the reason for my application is the return of defective goods. The application form states that I should provide "evidence of the refund on goods returned". Does this mean that I should submit it AFTER I have returned the item and received a receipt for the refund, again as opposed to C&E1179, where I have to submit it 48 hours BEFORE re-exportation? Thank you in advance.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 14:26:42 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi Edgar The BOR 286 I s handled by the post office and should only be used if you have been overcharged customs duty such as if a wrong value or goods type was declared. The C&E1179 is for return of defective goods for which you are requesting a full refund once the goods are reexported. You are expected to provide evidence that the goods are faulty so evidence that the supplier will refund you is one of the ways of establishing this. The application must be submitted before the goods are exported and followed up with proof the goods have actually been exported.
Posted Mon, 03 Jun 2024 13:37:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You can use form BOR286 if you believe the Customs Duty or import VAT was wrongly calculated on an item you imported by post using Royal Mail or Parcelforce.
This form is sent to border force for repayment claim so it needs to be sent through post with all the evidence to support the claim.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.