Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Dec 2023 14:45:44 GMT by
Hi, I know that Pâté de Foie Gra as a kind of meat product, which can be bring to UK if it is from EU countries but not for other countries. In my case, I travelled to France and bought a can Pâté de Foie Gra, i.e. the Pâté de Foie Gra is from EU country. However, after I travelled to France, I went to Hong Kong before coming back to UK, so do the can of Pâté de Foie Gra. It is new and never be opened. My question is that if this can of Pâté de Foie Gra is allowed to be brought back to UK as souvenir to my family? I don't know HMRC classified it as from EU country or Hong Kong. If I can bring back to UK, do I need to declare in red line in airport? Thank you very much!
Posted Thu, 28 Dec 2023 12:29:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Sorry, we can only answer questions appropriate to HMRC on this forum.

Please contact the Home Office for advice.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Dec 2023 15:40:04 GMT by Customs oldtimer
This publication should answer your questions . The section on goods from the EU relates to products imported directly from the EU.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.