Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Jun 2024 13:51:48 GMT by M Arlez
Hi, I applied for a UK EORI some time ago and would like to register for VAT now, with the intention of using postponed VAT accounting. I understand that my UK EORI cannot be used for this and that I have to apply for a new one that is connected to my VAT number. Is this correct? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 11:10:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, once you have a VAT registration number you will need to contact the EORI team to set up your new EORI.

Get an EORI number

You will also need the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) online services linked to your new EORI to be able to access postponed VAT accounting (PVA) statements.

Get your postponed import VAT statement

Guidance on when a business can use PVA can be seen here:

Check when you can account for import VAT on your VAT Return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.