Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 17:38:03 GMT by Paul Hayes
Sorry, if this is a little complex, I hope that someone can help. I am a limited company selling digital goods online globally and only a small percentage in the UK, and the company is also exempt from UK VAT as the amount of UK sales is below the threshold. The company also sells digital download products for vendors who are from the EU and one of the vendors is a German company that has sent an invoice with VAT declared on the sales, how should I deal with this? Should they be sending me a reverse-charge VAT invoice and if so does that mean I am liable to pay the VAT? Paul.
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 09:42:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

If an overseas business supplies services of this nature and you are receiving the supply for a business purpose, then the reverse charge procedure would be used.

Place of supply of services (VAT Notice 741A)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.