Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:48:24 GMT by Sara
Hi, I make unique handmade ceramic animal sculptures. I used to travel to UK from France to do shows and sell my work. Since BREXIT I have stopped coming because I have no idea what I need to do to enter the UK with my work. Could someone please explain what I need to do to travel in my own vehicle via Portsmouth with my stock to do either a show and hopefully sell or visit a gallery and deposit my work on a sale or return basis. Do I need to make a list of work and prices? If yes who do I show this to or do I register it before I travel?? Who checks what I have sold or not sold??? From what I have read I found these phrases in your guide Guidance Check if you can get import duty relief on goods using Temporary Admission " "Goods for exhibitions or sale Full relief can be given when these goods are:" " Individual pieces of ceramics executed entirely by the artist and signed by them. Does this mean I can claim full relief on my work? Does that mean I do not pay any tax other than what I would be expected to pay in my home country France when I declare my sales?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 12:33:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please contact our imports and exports team for advice.

Imports and exports: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.