Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:03:44 GMT by
I have been endeavoring to obtain my EORI number for the past two weeks. Unfortunately, a persistent technical issue has impeded my progress in securing it. Consequently, my goods have become ensnared in customs. Despite my persistent efforts to seek resolution through email correspondence, I have yet to receive a helpful response. The application process consistently yields an error, prompting me to seek assistance by providing detailed screenshots. While the acknowledgment of a technical issue by the relevant authorities has been received, the ongoing delay has extended to five days with assurances that they are actively addressing the problem. Despite my company's VAT registration, the process of generating my EORI number has been needlessly complicated, causing significant challenges for my business. The urgency of the situation is underscored by the fact that I require these goods promptly. Despite sending more than ten emails daily and making over five phone calls, I have encountered unresponsiveness and a lack of assistance. My predicament has reached a critical point, with the stress endured over the past week jeopardizing the viability of my company. I am diligently working towards resolving this issue, yet the protracted nature of the situation has compelled me to consider legal recourse. Should my EORI number not be provided today, regrettably, I will be compelled to pursue legal action to safeguard my rights. I document these efforts here as evidence of my earnest attempts to rectify the situation. It is my fervent hope that those responsible for this predicament are held accountable, as the consequences have been severe, and the strain on my business may necessitate its closure.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:57:56 GMT by Jason Croke
Have you checked to see if you already have an EORI number, I know it sounds obvious but the error might be you're trying to get an EORI when you already have one? Your EORI should be your VAT number with GB at the start and three 000 at the end (GB12345678000) https://www.gov.uk/check-eori-number Sounds like you have reported the issue to the IT technical team (at the bottom of HMRC web pages there is a "is there a problem with this page link") which when you click on that, you can report IT glitches to the IT team and the IT team usually ask for screenshots, this is why I think you are dealing with the IT team not the EORI team. Just a guess though. Have you tried contacting the EORI team directly? You can use this online form here which does not require a login https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/EORIContact Or you can try emailing the EORI team here isbc.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:39:40 GMT by
I've never received an EORI number before, and I attempted to fill out multiple forms without success. Despite making five calls daily and sending over 10 emails, I received unsatisfactory replies. Fortunately, I finally obtained confirmation of my EORI number two days ago. However, a new problem has arisen—it appears the number is not yet activated. I'm exhausted from dealing with this ongoing issue. Let me be clear: I've thoroughly reviewed my end, and I am not at fault. This is your error, and I expect a focused effort on your part to resolve it. I've gone to great lengths to address this matter, and I demand a prompt and effective solution.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:05:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Fatih YILDIRIM,
You need to contact the EORI team as they can only assist with any issue with the number.
Get an EORI number
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.