Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 14:08:24 GMT by Mateusz Mitura
Hi Team, Hope you are well! I will be moving on 12th August from France to UK using moving services company that told me that ToR1 document is needed for them. As soon as I learned about it, I applied immediately yesterday for it but I am afraid that it might not be ready on time before my move. My rental agreement ends in the middle of the August in Paris so I don't want to be left with all the items in unknown location while I need to depart to London and start new job shortly. Therefore I wanted to ask: 1) Is there some option of priority service for ToR1 decision similarly as I had with Visa for some additional payment? Having the decision ahead would make me much less stresssful and facilitate my move 2) Is there any other option in case ToR1 approval won't be there before 12th August to move my items to the UK? For instance can the company move my items - pay the customs/duties on my behalf (if they agree) and then to receive return whenever application for ToR1 is positive? Apologies for the inconvenience caused I just finalized all the details this week and was not able to fill in detailed ToR1 application earlier not knowing details. I am fully at your disposal if any information is required. Wishing you a great weekend Best regards, 

Name removed admin .
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2024 12:57:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

Agent can clear the goods without TOR relief, this will mean you pay the customs charges on the goods imported in to UK.

If the relief is granted and you or an agent made a full declaration using the Customs Declaration Service (CDS), you can complete form C285.

The form will enable you to have the import duties repaid.

More information on below link:

Transfer of residence to the UK  .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.