Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 16:09:09 GMT by Bill Poon
As title, I have a few suppliers in Germany and Denmark. Is it possible for me to handle goods exporting from Germany to Asia with my UK EORI no? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 07:26:15 GMT by Customs oldtimer
No your GB EORI is only for use exporting from or importing into UK. Unless you are physically established in the EU it’s unlikely that you can act as exporter from any EU country in any case. You will need to find someone established in the EU to act as exporter on your behalf. They would use their EU EORI.
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 11:28:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi 
A GB EORI number is currently valid for imports and exports in GB. To make a declaration or get a customs decision in the EU you will need either:
•    an EORI number from an EU country
•    an EORI number beginning with XI and a permanent business establishment in Northern Ireland
You will need to contact the customs authority in an EU country if you need an EU EORI number.
If you cannot get an EORI number that can be used in the EU, you will need to appoint someone to deal with customs on your behalf.
Get an EORI number
Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 10:29:59 GMT by Bill Poon
Hello HMRC Admin25, May I ask you a question, please? You mentioned: ' you will need to appoint someone to deal with customs on your behalf. ' Any suggestion/help on who/how/where I can find that 'someone' to deal with EU customs for me? Thanks a million, in advance.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 12:29:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
To find out how you can hire a person or business to deal with customs for you please see below link:
Get someone to deal with customs for you

Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 13:27:54 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi HMRC can only provide details of uk based customs agents. You will need to check in the country you are wanting to export from for customs agents , freight forwarders customs brokers etc. Best practice would be for your suppliers to act as the exporter as they are established in the EU. They would / should be able to locate a suitable customs agent.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.