Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2024 11:35:29 GMT by DaisysMum
I am writing today for clarification so that I can complete a TOR application to return to the UK. I am a UK citizen that has been living abroad (USA) for just under 3 years. I plan to return via BA in October, 2024. My possessions will be sent 3 ways: 3 suitcases on the airplane with me, four boxes of documents shipped via UPS, a 150 cubic foot shipment of personal items (clothing, bedding, crockery, etc) via a shared container with a professional shipping company. My questions are: 1. Do I list everything on the application, or do I declare the items that I bring with me through Heathrow separately? 2. Is it possible for them to update the application if there are any missed items or underestimated quantities when the movers come to pick things up on October 11th? 3. I am bringing my service dog with me on the airplane. I have a letter of approval from the airline and also from City of London. Do I declare my service dog on the TOR application? 4. I currently have temporary accommodations (airbnb) booked, but may be able to secure a one-year lease before i arrive. Can i change my address? 5. Finally, what do i do if my application hasn’t been processed by the time i am due to fly? Many thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2024 11:53:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi DaisysMum,
Please see below responses to your queries.
1.    Your TOR approval (if granted) will cover both, goods in transit and accompanied.
2.    Yes you can contact TOR team after the approval to make changes, their contact details will be on approval letter.
3.    Yes, there is a section of pets on TOR application.
4.    Yes you can amend details after the approval.
5.    If application is still in process when you travel, you may have to pay customs charges which you can claim back once you receive TOR approval.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.