Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 11:57:23 GMT by
My Property Income is under £2500 I was advised that I should settle my tax by writing to HMRC enclosing payment and detailing the calculation and that the tax should not be collected through my PAYE code. I have followed this advice for some years, before discovering that in addition to my payments, monies have also been collected via PAYE. How can I recover these PAYE deductions? and what procedure should I follow going forward.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:49:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,

Thank you for your question.

A stated in your question, my understanding is that your property net profit falls below the £2,500 Self-Assessment criteria, which you notify .

HMRC of and make payment direct to ensure your personal allowance is not affected. In certain cases, when the following tax years coding notice is created, it carries forward pre-existing information i.e., rental property profits.

If payment has been made independently, then additional tax is then deducted through your coding notice, I would advise to either contact the helpline on 0300 200 3300, or write in outlining your situation to Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AS, United Kingdom, to which amendments can be made to current and previous years with new calculations created with any repayments then issued to yourself.

Thank You .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.