Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 09:43:27 GMT by halfax
Having no chance of getting through on the phone , or getting my query asnwered digitally please can you help me. i sold a property and there is a capital gain. the property was gifted over a number of years What date did you get the share of the property? Date the property was transferred into your name. DD MM YY How much did you buy the property or your share of the property for? If you inherited the property or were given the property or you are a non-UK resident using rebasing rules or using the 1982 rebasing rules, enter the market value on that date. as ther is only space for one year and one space for price how do i put the other years and price?
Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 18:06:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi halfax,
For what date did you get the property please use the first date that you got part of it.
For the share of property, put what the final share of it was.
For the value, you will need to put the intial price but also include an attachment with the form detailing the different dates that you then acquired subequent shares and their values in order to show how you have arrived at your final figure for the gain.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.