Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 17:06:44 GMT by mryderm
Hi, I’ve just registered for a tax relief claim as I believe I meet the criteria for this under the fact that there are not appropriate premises to work from on site to complete my job, but just wanted to check there aren’t blurred lines. Basically, my situation is that my employer is a small business and the premises is a warehouse which is very loud and has continuous machinery. However, there is a very small pop up office on site. It’s extremely noisy so it’s hard to concentrate and 1 day a week I will be starting to WFH in digital marketing - solely online. Does this qualify? The fact that the noise conditions aren’t suitable; even though there is technically ‘office space’? Now that I’ve submitted the form, will this affect things if I am in fact not eligible? There is a constant fear that I’ve done something wrong in this process! Appreciate any help :) Thank you.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 09:10:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mryderm,
If you have completed the form already, with all the necessary details, this will be reviewed by one of our advisors who will determine elegibility.
If you are not eligible, you should receive notifcation of this.
If you are not eligible, nothing should change in terms of your tax position.
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2024 09:16:00 GMT by mryderm
Ok great thank you - not much detail was required in the initial form so I put as much relevant information as possible and will wait to hear. Thank you for your help, Meg

You must be signed in to post in this forum.