Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 16:56:49 GMT by qkr1963
On the Government Gateway site my forecast shows that Ill be entitled to full state pension. However, its possible that between 1981 and 1993, I was contracted out of SERPS, the gov gateway site actually states "You’ve been in a contracted-out pension scheme ". Ive now stopped working (60 years old) and no longer making NI contributions. If I was truly contracted out between 81-93, then by my reckoning, I've probably only got 30 years qualifying contributions, but the gov gateway forecast states "Your forecast is £221.20 a week, £961.83 a month, £11,541.90 a year", which is the maximum. So now I'm a tad confused, can I truly rely on the information provided by the gov gateway, or do I need to consider making up the shortfall, and if so, will HMRC notify me of this. ?
Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 14:17:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

If you have been contracted out for a period of time, this does not always mean your State Pension will be effected. If you would like to check if your being contracted out has affected your State Pension entitlement, and also for any advice on making voluntary National Insurance payments, you will need to contact the Future Pension Centre at the DWP:  

Contact the Future Pension Centre

If you would like to know who contracted you out and for what period of time, please contact our National Insurance team.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.