Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Aug 2024 14:29:03 GMT by Nigel007
How long should I expect to wait for the confirmation of bank drafts being accepted for my gap years? My wife and I both reside in Ireland. We sent bank drafts to cover the shortfall in our National Insurance. That was April 2024 and haven't heard anything back. I understand there is probably a huge influx of payments, but we're looking for reassurance that we are on track to meet the payment obligations. Many thanks to any replies that put our minds at ease. Nigel
Posted Fri, 09 Aug 2024 08:17:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Nigel007,
We are sorry that your payment of voluntary contributions has not been allocated to your National Insurance account yet.
If you could call our National Insurance Helpline on +44 191 2037010 then they will be able to arrange for it to be dealt with.
National Insurance: general enquiries
If you could have your payment details with you when you call this might be helpful.
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 09:19:15 GMT by Nigel007
Many thanks for the reply. Spoke to a lovely lady on the helpline, Ann. She was able to tell me that one payment had been processed and the other was waiting. The website is not up to date regards payments. She has requested a international case worker to contact myself and my wife. In short all is well and someone will be in contact regards ongoing payments. My thanks again. This forum worked well for us. Nigel

You must be signed in to post in this forum.