Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 10:32:51 GMT by Gavin Smith
Hi, I have permanently resided in Australia since 1996. I have been informed as to what I need to pay in order to make top-up NICs from 2006-2007 to 2023-2024. Essentially, I owe £2,808.20 in Class 2 and £781.55 in Class 3 contributions. Can I make one total payment of £3,589.75 or do I need to make separate payments for each Class? Assuming it is preferable to make separate payments for each Class, if I make payments from my Overseas (Australian) Bank account, can I use the same bank details, i.e. BIC: BARCGB22, Account Number (IBAN): GB49BARC20204830944793, Account Name: HMRC NIC Receipts Reference: NI no. followed by IC followed by surname and initial I have received a separate notice for 2023-2024 for a Class 2 payment of £179.40 (included in the £2,808.20) quoted above. The bank details on this notice are the same as I have quoted above except the bank account name is 'GBS Re NICO Receipts HMRC'. What account name or names do you advise I use, and should I split payments between Class 2 and Class 3? Thanks in anticipation.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 08:25:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Gavin,
If you have received your approval letter detailing the National Insurance amounts to pay from abroad, you can pay the total amount in full. There is no requirement to split the payments between Class 2 and 3 as we are aware of the tax years and the amounts that we have advised you to pay voluntarily. The bank name is “HMRC NIC Receipts” the overseas bank you are paying from may have the name listed differently as 'GBS Re NICO Receipts HMRC'.
Please see the link on gov.uk detailing the correct name and confirming the bank account reference number that you have quoted.
Pay voluntary Class 3 National Insurance: Make an online or telephone bank transfer - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you have any concerns please speak to your bank, the HMRC bank account name is HMRC NIC Receipts.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.