Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 12:55:13 GMT by 00mc89
Hello, I am applying for a Digital Nomad visa in Spain. One of the conditions of obtaining the visa is an A1 Social Security Form. I am currently employed by an EU based company without a registered UK entity. I am struggling to obtain the A1 form at my employer does not meet the requirements when filling out a CA3821 form (Not a UK based company). I am struggling to understand why as i myself pay national insurance etc. This being said, is there any advice anyone could give me, or an alternative form i might be able to fill out to obtain a certificate?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 11:14:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi 00mc89,
If you reside outside the UK and work for a non UK company you will be liable for any social security regulations to that foreign authority and not the UK.
You should contact the Spanish authority to request whether they deemed you as employed or self employed in Spain.
You mention you currently pay National Insurance, if this is because you are registered as self employed but not residing in the UK you will need to cease your self employed registration in then UK.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.