Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:16:45 GMT by Looking forAnswers
Hi My forecast says that I need to contribute for another 5 years before I can claim my full pension. I took early retirement from my business and checked that I had over 35 full years (I have 36). I'm confused therefore that it now says I need to contribute more to ensure the full pension. Do I now need more years? Recent years are showing as not having been decided yet, but the 22-23 year is saying to pay over £800/ Would this be just for the one year, or be the figure for each of the 5 years? I'm not clear at all about what to do next.
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 10:34:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Looking forAnswers,
It is possible that you may need more than 35 years to obtain a full state pension. I would advise you to contact the Future Pension Centre (FPC) on 0800 731 0175 for clarification. If you need to contribute more years to achieve a full state pension they will advise you which years will be beneficial. With this information you can call the National Insurance helpline on 0300 200 3500, they will advise you how much it will cost and how you can make a payment.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.