Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 06 Jul 2024 02:56:49 GMT by ramakrishnagarlapati04
Hello, I recently left the UK in June 2024 after living there since January 2020. During the current financial year, I earned a total taxable pay of £15,250 and paid £2,200 towards Income Tax and £880 towards National Insurance. I know that I have to fill out the P85 form to claim a refund for my overpaid Income Tax. However, I am unsure about the process to claim a refund for my overpaid National Insurance contributions. Could someone please guide me on the following: 1). Am I eligible for a refund of my overpaid National Insurance contributions for the current year? 2). If eligible, what is the process to claim this refund? Thanks for your assistance.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 08:52:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi ramakrishnagarlapati04,
To help us check if you are due a refund of National Insurance contributions for the period that you’re overseas, please complete and return our form CA307 which you may obtain from:  
Apply for a refund of UK National Insurance contributions paid while working abroad (CA307).
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 09:47:30 GMT by ramakrishnagarlapati04
Thanks for your reply. I’m not a UK citizen. I came to UK on study visa and then converted to Post study work visa. I left UK when it was expired. I believe the above form doesn’t apply to me.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.