Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:05:46 GMT by julian.wootten
My personal tax account shows my Specified Adult Childcare Credits form for tax year 2022 to 2023 was received 14th Nov 2023 and is “In Progress”. How many weeks will it take for my claim to be completed as my state pension is due to start 1st June 2024?
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 08:46:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi julian.wootten,
You can check the reply timescales on gov.uk for Specified Adult Childcare applications on - Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
There is the option to pay voluntary class 3 contributions to complete any gaps you have pending the approval of your application if you are wanting to get the full state pension prior to state retirement.
If you do decide to pay class 3 contributions, please ensure you inform us that you are paying the class 3 contributions due to the pending SACC application’s approval.
If you are approved to have the credits for childcare, we will have it referenced that you are paying the class 3 in case you are rejected, we can issue a refund of your class 3 paid.
To pay class 3 voluntary please call National Insurance Helpline to discuss your gaps or use web chant services through a Personal tax account
Number - 0300 200 3500
Overseas - +44 191 203 7010
Open - Monday to Friday: 8am to 6pm Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.