Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 11:38:29 GMT by AJF72
Hello, I have lived and worked abroad in Spain uninterrupted for 24 years, previous to that I worked in the UK as a Uk citizen uninterrupted for 12 years where I paid social security. On the 24th of June I made an online CF83 application as I understood that in my situation the on line application was a correct option. Immediately after completing the application I received an email with confirmation and a submission registration number. Now 9 days later there is still no evidence of a submission in the HM revenue & Customs app form tracker, nor in my government gateway account in the check progress tab. In the app it says it normally takes a few hours to appear in the form tracker. Is this delay normal or should I now expect to see the CF83 application tracking? Also should I send a postal application, or is an online application correct in my circumstances? Many thanks!
Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 09:08:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi AJF72,
Sorry that you cannot see the progress of your CF83 application form online.
If you would like to call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 200 3500 (from the UK) or +44 191 2037010 (from overseas) then they will be able to confirm that we have received it.  
I can, however, advise that our Overseas Team are dealing with queries received at the beginning of June and that they expect to deal with queries received on 24 June around 1 August 2024.
The online submission of the CF83 is fine and you do not need to forward one by post.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 11:44:13 GMT by AJF72
Ok many thanks for your reply. I will wait for the submission to appear in the tracking. Since I wrote this I have in fact sent a postal application. I imagine that as it includes the same information it shouldn't cause problems. I hope that is correct? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 09:13:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi AJF21,
When we deal with your online CF83 we will see that you’ve also sent a paper CF83 to us so we will deal with both at the same time.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.