Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:40:01 GMT by Vitale66
Hello. In the "National Insurance record" contribution, I have a year "Year is not full", due to the management error of HMRC. The financial year was closed correctly with enough money paid to NiNo. In the given year, I worked both employed and self-employed. The accountant communicated with HRMC, then informed me that I have to pay an approximate amount of 162 pounds to solve the given problem. He sent me a message with the HMRC bank account details, the amount to pay and the reference number. More than 3 weeks have passed and the data from the given year has not changed, so is "Year is not full". I ask you, how long does it take to solve the given problem, and if it is possible to check the progress of the process online, with the reference number? Thank you
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 13:29:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

The timescale for self-employment services is 43 weeks, which means they are dealing with work from 4 June 2023.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 19:04:21 GMT by rrjmaier
I am in a similar situation. In the tax year 2022-23 I was self employed and earned below the Small Profits Threshold of £6,725, but I opted to pay my NI contribution voluntarily. When i finished and submitted my self assessment very soon after the start of the new tax year (on 10 April 23) it showed that I have to pay £ 163.80 to have the year counting towards my state pension. I paid the amount on 22 April 2023 by debit card. However when I looked at my NI record it still says "Year is not full" ??? How can I assure myself that the money is with HMRC and will eventually count towards my pension record?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:31:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Please contact our National Insurance team so they can trace your payment of National Insurance contributions and allocate it correctly. Please have your payment details to hand when you call.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.