Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 08 Sep 2024 21:49:26 GMT by DebM M
I have been trying now for over a year to update my national insurance record for 2022-23. My class 2 contribution was paid along with my tax via Self Assessment but the year is still saying year not full. I have phoned numerous times over the past year and I have been told there had been a computer problem and that self assessment class 2 NI contributions had not been transferred over to national insurance records. Each time I phone I am told my payment has been received and it is being processed and will appear on my NI record in X amount of weeks. I wait and after X amount of weeks my record has not been updated, I phone again and I am told the same things. How do I resolve this problem and have my national record updated correctly asap. DebM
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2024 08:30:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi DebM M,
I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have faced attempting to update your National Insurance record for the 2022-23 Tax year.
Please contact the NI Helpline on 0300 200 3500 and request that our Customer Resolution Team (CRT) deal with your request.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.