Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 May 2024 08:11:50 GMT by zoltanbago0 Bago
Hi there, im a Hungarian citizen living in the UK since 2020, im working and paying tax and National Insurance only in the UK. I forgot to declare to the Hungarian authorities that i moved here, and paying National Insurance here for health care, and they are charging me health care costs in Hungary because of this. They sent me a letter saying that this charges i owe can be deleted from their system if i can provide any of these documents issued by the UK government, to show proof of the START date when i started to pay National Insurance in the UK since 2020. Documents/forms as stated in the letter what they are asking for: E104, S041, S1/E 106, S1/E 121 or any other document that can be used to prove the start date of my National Insurance contributions issued by the UK Government. I cant find any of these options to get any of the documents/forms from the UK government. I have seen an other post where it has been stated that the S041 form can only be collected from UK government by Hungarian authorities, and when the person asked the Hungarian Government, they refused to cellect this data. What options do i have to get a Government Issued certificate of the Start date of my National Insurance contributions that can be accepted by the Hungarian Government in this case or who should i contact? Thank you very much.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2024 10:34:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
You will need to ask the Hungarian authorities to request a S041 certificate from HMRC.
If you have already contacted them and they have refused to request this certificate, you can request a CA9110 from HMRC.
You can request this by completing form Get a PDU1 certificate or a National Insurance contributions statement
Please ensure that you attach a covering letter with the application advising that you are requesting form CA9110, not a U1 or Statement of National Insurance contributions.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 09:47:47 GMT by zoltanbago0 Bago
Thabk you very much for the answer! I contacted the Hungarian Government requesting them to ask for the S041 certificate, i havent got answer back yet. If it doesnt work i will tey the alternative you mentioned. Once again thank you very much!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.