Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 14:53:21 GMT by
Hi, I filled out my class 3 voluntary contribution form middle of May this year and my direct debit hasn't started yet. Does anyone know how long it's likely to take for my contributions to start as its way past the 6 week window that it said it'd take on the form? I've not even received a letter from HMRC to say they've got my form. Also when they do start, how many payments will be taken? I'm a bit concerned that hundreds of pounds will suddenly be taken out of my account without warning. Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:21:31 GMT by
Wondering if it would be possible to get more information about this, just hoping my message doesn't disappear and get lost in the forum! I'd really rather not ring HMRC if possible as it sounds incredibly difficult to get through, I just thought I could fill out the form and my direct debit would start?
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 07:22:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mirrorball16,
The caseworker team who deal with applications to pay voluntary contributions are currently dealing with work from 16 January 2023 or 35 weeks. Once your application to pay has been processed you will will receive a letter showing payment dates and amounts.
If you wish to progress chase your correspondence you should call the NI helpline:
National Insurance: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.