Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Sep 2023 21:17:49 GMT by
Hi, I employ a nanny and have a specified charge for month 12 of the 17/18 tax year. There was a technical error on the FPS which meant it did not go through. I have rung the helpline on two occasions but no-one has been able to return my call with the answer. I used BASIC PAYE tools. Many thanks
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 18:06:32 GMT by
I need to submit an earlier years update to clear the specified charge - please kindly advise how I do this. Many thanks
Posted Mon, 25 Sep 2023 15:52:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You can still send an earlier year update from the basic tools for tax years 2019/20 and before. You would submit this via the basic PAYE tools by selecting the tax year that needs amending. The employee/s concerned, submit the details on the erarlier year update for each affected employee. This should in turn update your final M12 figures for that year.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 25 Sep 2023 20:11:05 GMT by
It's the 2017/18 tax where the issue is. The tax team tell me I have to submit an amended FPS, but even if I restore to a backup prior to the date in question the submission fails. How can I provide the data for 1 month so that the specified charge may be cleared please? Earlier years update did not achieve this. Many thanks
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 14:33:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If your payroll software is unable to perform this action, the only other way to submit these amendments would be use HMRC Basic Paye Tools to submit an Earlier Year Update for any Tax years prior to 2020 to 2021.

If you need any further assitance please call 0300 200 3600.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.