Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Nov 2023 14:42:29 GMT by
My client has overpaid PAYE, which is showing as "unallocated" on the PAYE record. Her company is unlikely to pay salary subject to PAYE deductions in the remainder of the tax year. It is not clear to me how to claim a repayment of the overpaid tax - that would be straightforward if this was SA, but there is no "button" for "claim a repayment" in the PAYE record (as far as I can see). Do I have to ring up and listen to recorded messages, or is there a quicker and more efficient way?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:38:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Employers seeking a refund for a PAYE overpayment need to make a claim, either by contacting the Employer Helpline on 0300 200 3200 or writing to HMRC at the following address:

National Insurance Contributions and Employers Office

HM Revenue and Customs


Employers: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.