Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:09:05 GMT by Julia
Hi, I am currently employed by UK employer, and am UK (tax) resident. I will be soon be moving overseas as accompanying spouse of a UK diplomat and I will also have diplomatic status in the receiving country. I would like to know if my tax status will change or if I will continue to pay taxes in the UK. Many thanks.
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 13:09:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Julia,
You will still be classed as UK resident as the emmbassy is still classed as UK soil.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.