Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 15:16:11 GMT by Tomas Loucky
Hello, May I please ask if the Student Loan repayments happen automatically? I added the employee's information about the student loan, such as deduction, type, dates, etc., but I'm not sure if that happens automatically or if there's something else I should do as I received a notice letter. Thank you. Best regards, Tomas
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:36:36 GMT by Tomas Loucky
Hi, Can someone please help with the following? I've received a notice to start repaying but do not meet the threshold. Do you please know how to notify them or what to do in this situation? Thank you. Best, 

Name removed admin 
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:12:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tomas Loucky,
Please refer to:
Repaying your student loan
Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:58:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tomas Loucky,
This will have been issued as your expected annual income for the year is above the threshold.
If you still feel this is incorrect, you will need to speak to your employer to have them change their monthly submssions to reflect this.
Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 14:03:59 GMT by Tomas Loucky
Hello, Thank you for your reply. :) The reason I asked is that I started my own company so I'm the one responsible for that. I'm certain that my current income is below the threshold so just wanted to ensure that there are no troubles from not repaying that. However, I've updated the details so hope that it will help. Thank you. Best, TOmas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.