Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 02:54:46 GMT by Allie
I am an Australian employer. I have a staff member that is a UK/AUS dual citizen. Due to an illness in their family they would like to relocate back to the UK for 5 months and continue to work remotely. In that period would we as an Australian company be required to pay income tax on their behalf and other obligations like national insurance? This is all only on the proviso that this is a temporary relocation.
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:40:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You can set up a voluntary PAYE scheme to operate payroll as if you were a UK based employer, or the employee
can register a direct payment scheme which would allow you to pay them gross and they would deduct tax and
/or National Insurance and pay this over to HMRC .

Thank you 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.