Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2024 20:59:17 GMT by Marck
Hi there, For the last tax year (April 2023 to April 2024), I worked as a contractor under an umbrella company and received my pay through the PAYE system. My contract ended in November 2023. In the PAYE system, my weekly tax deductions were calculated as if I would continue to earn the same weekly income for the entire tax year. However, since my contract ended in November 2023, my annual earnings were lower than what was projected for tax purposes. Therefore, I believe that I have overpaid my taxes and am entitled to a refund. How do I go about claiming this refund? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:04:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If you do not complete a Self Assessment then HMRC will review your records once we receive your  PAYE income details.
Once reviewed if overpaid a calculation will be issued to you with the details and how to claim. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.