Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 10:11:11 GMT by
I currently work in the UK for a UK employer as a US citizen on a Partner Visa. My partner (who is a British Citizen) has received a job offer in Norway and we are looking to move there and would have visas permitting us to live and work in Norway. I would like to continue working for my UK employer remotely in Norway and visiting the UK every 2 months for work related to said employer. What is the tax implication for working for a UK employer abroad (in Norway) and conducting work related work in the UK occasionally? Would I need to be a sole proprietor in Norway or could I remain on a UK employment Contract?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:42:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi tkursinsky,
This depends on your actual tax residence.
Please refer to:
Tax on your UK income if you live abroad
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.