Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2024 09:23:21 GMT by Ross Branigan
We are looking to employ several Indonesian engineers to work on an offshore platform for a period of 6-12 months. Can someone advise: 1. Paperwork required for them to work for a Ltd company (UK permit to work, visitors VISA etc)? 2. How we pay/tax them? 3. As a UK employee, do they qualify for all UK employee rights the same as any UK based employee (i.e. minimum wage, holiday pay, sickness pay etc)? Thanks in advance for your help
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 09:34:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,
For advice on Visas you will need to speak to the home office.

Provides details of what is required for offshore workers.

Entitlement to holiday pay etc is a contractual matter and can be answered by ACAS.

The following pages may also help 
NMWM06205 - Specific occupations and special groups :

offshore workers from 1 October 2020 - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK (  

PAYE81720 - PAYE operation: international employments: employees in offshore areas - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK ( .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.