Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Sep 2023 20:51:01 GMT by daisy03
I started working 2 jobs- a full time and a part-time in May 2023. In the, I can see my 2 jobs but only my full time job has a tax code of 125L. My part-time job doesn't have one. When I looked at my pay slip for the part-time job, the tax code that reflects is 1257L. I'd like to know if this will be updated automatically in your end or if there is something that I need to do to correct this so that I can pay the right amount for my tax. I need your guidance on this matter. Thank you in advance. :)
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:33:43 GMT by R7529 R7529
I was contacted by HMRC that for 5 years they gave my employers wrong tax code and as a result I have underpaid tax to HMRC. How this happened is unclear but the other problem is some of the employers have since closed down and I cannot get information from the Because it now over 10 years- what is the best way forward
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:05:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi daisy03,
If the tax code showing as 125L for the main job, you will need to contact our Income Tax  so that we can ensure we have the correct codes set for each employment.
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:16:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi R7529 R7529,
If you are looking for information regarding your earnings in those years you would need to complete a Subject Access request:
Make a subject access request to HMRC
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.