Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 11:15:34 GMT by Denise Madden
We have taken over a client who as intimated that in the 2021/2022 year their previous accountant may have duplicated their FPS therefore resulting in a huge amount of PAYE that they paid as they didnt realise this mistake. Can we use basic tools to resubmit the correct figures and claim back all the PAYE that the client paid in error?
Posted Tue, 25 Jul 2023 13:07:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you can submit an amended M12 FPS for the 2021 to 2022 tax year. Then you can offset the credit on the account against current liabilities.

Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2023 14:21:16 GMT by Graeme Davis
How can you amend an FPS if the figures on your payroll software are correct? The issue is the duplicated submission. Sending a 'revised' FPS does not work in this case. Our client's Month 2 2021/22 was sent without 'this is NOT the fist submission under this scheme' being ticked, hence a duplication occurred between us and previous accountant for one month. We are still waiting for HMRC to tell us how to correct it. PAYE still shows as outstanding, but has been put 'on hold' pending investigation......
Posted Tue, 01 Aug 2023 11:12:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you are using a third party software you may need to speak to the software provider to establish how correct this.
If you contact us on 0300 200 3200 we may be able to raise a disputed charge which will allow us to investigate this further.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.