I have been working remotely for a UK based company since a year . I am an Indian resident and wholly working from India. I have never worked from the UK and have only visited the UK once for around 10 days. Since a year, the consultant who runs the UK company's payroll has been using "NT" code for my case when processing salaries. There has been no deduction of NI or UK taxes at all since my income is taxable in India and I have been receiving the gross pay without any issue. However, recently, the company has received a notice from HMRC stating that the code to be used for my case should be "BR". I understand that usage of BR would result in tax deduction at 20% at source when making the payment. Since I have never been a UK resident nor will ever be one, I understand that there should be no UK tax/NI deduction in my case and the gross pay should be transferred to me. However, with the receipt of this notice, I am not clear on what to do next. Should I approach the HMRC to get a NT code or should the employer do so? Also, if I am required to get a NT code what do I need to do? I understand Form P85 applies for someone who has left the UK but technically, I have never been in the UK at all for tax purposes. Please advise on what action should be taken at my/employer's end. Your earliest response would be very helpful. Happy to provide more details if required. Thanks.