Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2023 21:13:10 GMT by jamesnw77 White
I changed job in January and had a slight increase in salary. I had a letter from HMRC informing me of the change in my tax code 1275L to 1080l. I am now paying more tax than I did before and earning less after tax. What causes even more confusion is that my wife who earns over £20 000 more, is on appears to have a larger tax allowance code. (the one I used to be on fact) Can anyone help me understand what has happened here?
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 14:42:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The letter you received should give you a breakdown of the new code. To query the breakdown of the code you will need to contact our Income Tax team.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.