Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:29:05 GMT by Mrs Smith
Hi, I've had a P9 notification that all of our employees, currently on 1257L, are to have tax codes changed to 1231L in April, and one on a slightly different one. Everything I have read says it should be staying at 1257L for 2024-25. Has something gone wrong?
Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 15:29:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on employee tax codes via the Employer Forum. If HMRC has issued a new coding notice, this should be implemented as tax codes can change for a number of different reasons. If your employees believe there is an issue with their new tax code they will need to contact Personal Tax on 0300 200 3300. However, I can confirm that the basic personal allowance for 2024/25 will be £12570 with a tax code of 1257L. You can find this information online here: Tax codes to use from 6 April 2024

You must be signed in to post in this forum.