Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 Nov 2023 17:40:58 GMT by
I am a humanitarian worker with an employment contract for an NGO based in the UK but deployed in Afghanistan. Additionally, I have residency in Italy. I need to complete some forms, and one of them requests payroll details. I have two options: HMRC and non-HMRC. It's important to choose the option that matches my tax status. Since I have residency in Italy, I am required to pay taxes in Italy, so I should choose non-HMRC. Is that correct?
Posted Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:55:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Beatrice T.,
As its not clear which forms you are filling in, please refer to:
Tax on your UK income if you live abroad
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.