Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 16:32:29 GMT by D Liu
Hello, I have been paying my income tax via PAYE. I just noticed that there are some savings interest that I should find a way to report to HMRC. Should I do it via PAYE or by self-assessment? Pleaser advise. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 08:21:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi D Liu,
If you do not complete a Self Assessment then the banks/building societies will submit the untaxed interest details to HMRC after the tax year end.
Once received we will review the record and if underpaid a calculation will be issued to you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.