Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 01 Jun 2024 12:01:16 GMT by Mark Williams
Good Afternoon, I joined a Salary sacrifice scheme in March 2023 and informed HMRC. I have a couple of questions, the first is how can I check that I have supplied all the information or would this be down to my employer as the amount is taken from my wages? I have logged onto my Gov account and what concerned me was when I checked my car benefit the salary sacrifice amount showed as £0, so I selected amend this car’s details but it only gives me the following Did you pay anything before tax, towards the car?, Do you pay anything to your employer for private use of the car? Did you pay anything after tax, towards the car? Nothing to update for salary sacrifice? Also the amount for this year and the final year as this is a 3yrs lease has increased as I have increased the mileage band, do I need to inform HMRC or once again would this be the responsibility of my employers? I just don't want to end up with an unexpected tax bill as the end of the scheme so I want to make sure HMRC are fully aware. Thanks willm2
Posted Thu, 06 Jun 2024 07:40:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi willm2,
As the salary is sacrificed in return for a company car you will pay Income Tax on either the amount of salary you sacrifice or the value of the car - whichever is the greater.
Your employer will submit the company car details at the tax year end.
If you want to review your record you will need to contact HMRC here:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.