Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:21:37 GMT by Elisa Faccio
Since March 2024 I have been on UK employer payroll and UK resident; now I will permanently leave UK to Monte Carlo and will be full no-UK resident, keeping the UK employer. I will not work for UK in my duties, even the employer is based in UK, and will not come back in the next 3 years. How should me and my employer inform HMRC? Can the employer stop to withhold taxes from my salary immediately from the departure date? Thanks a lot
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:27:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,
Your employer should give you a letter with the date you went abroad and your pay and tax details up to the date you were sent abroad.

You should complete form P85 and submit that to the tax officd to see if an NT code can be applied.

The employer should contact international caseworker on 0300 200 3500 to discuss the employers and
employee national insurance contribution position. 

Thank you .

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:40:51 GMT by Elisa Faccio
Thanks for the answer. It is me moving with the family to Monte Carlo and not being sent by the employer. So do I have to notify the new residence address to the employer and to HMRC? Completing the P85 I will discover from when my withholding taxes will be stopped?Many thanks
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:44:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,
You would notify your employer.

You may wish to contact Personal Tax on 0300 200 3300 to check if you need to report anything to them.

Once the P85 is complete they should communicate with you re your tax .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.