Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 Oct 2023 16:58:41 GMT by
Hello, I would like some support regarding my personal tax. All of this information refers to the current tax year; from 1st April 2023 to date. I have recently left the UK to work abroad for a two year contract. I ceased employment in the UK on 31/08/23. On the 02/09/23 I completed a ‘Leaving the UK to claim tax relief or any tax refund you’re owed’. I did not receive any notice of a tax rebate. I then completed a ‘Claiming tax back when you have stopped working’ in October. This has been ‘completed’ and I still have no notice of a tax rebate. The issue is that I paid £3017 in PAYE and was only paid £19933 from the period 01/04/23 until I ceased employment. According to your own online tax refund calculator, I am due over £1000 refund. I would be very grateful if someone could let me know why I have not received a refund for the overpayment of tax. Thank you
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 11:34:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

We would need to access your record to check on your repayment claim. You will need to contact HMRC to review. See link below:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:39:47 GMT by
Hi, I have looked at this link, it was the first thing I did. I am unable to access any of these ways of contacting you. I do now have any specific need and therefore am not allowed to speak to a real person online. The chat bot does not deal with income tax enquires and I am unable to call as I have moved to Brazil. The cost of calling due to your excessive wait times would be unaffordable to me. There is no email way of contacting and, again, as I have emigrated, it is very hard to get mail to you. How do you suggest I make contact with HMRC in this occasion please?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:57:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you are unable to contact us using any of the other methods listed, please write to us.

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AS,
United Kingdom.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.