Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Sep 2023 22:10:38 GMT by Mikeys
Dear Sir/Madam, I am currently working for a UK employer and under PAYE. I am planning to take advantage of remote working and travel the world while working. May I ask if there will be any consequences from the UK HRMC if I do not stay in the UK for more than 183 days but continue to pay my income taxes through PAYE? Thanks
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:00:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mikeys,
Please refer to:
RDR3 Statutory Residence Test
Which will allow you to confirm your residence status.  
You should complete form P85 upon your departure from the UK and give us full details on there.
Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK:
Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK (P85)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.