Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 22:27:50 GMT by
I am self employed and employed and I am hoping to employ a family member but for now it will only be around 8 hours a week so under the lower earnings limit. I am new to all this so i have followed the step by step guide and it states that i don't have to register as an employer due to being under the lower earnings limit? but it doesn't tell what i need to do? I am now going round in circles. All the information i am reading seems to tell me i don't have to register but not what i actually need to do to submit the wage details. If i plan to pay weekly do i submit a FPS on a weekly basis. I was hoping to use one of the free payroll software that is recommended but what i have looked at so far is asking for PAYE details. Any advice is welcome thank you
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 10:56:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
In terms of running payroll if there will be no liabilities ie tax and National Insurance you may not need to submit any payroll information.
If you have a PAYE scheme then you can still submit the payroll information its just that there wont be anything to pay over to HMRC.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.