Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 12:42:18 GMT by
I currently employ 2 people as an employer. I am an individual. I'd like to employ these people as a ltd company. How do I go about this? Thank you. I have my ltd set up.
Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 09:49:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi SteveSKLandscapes,
You would need to setup a new PAYE scheme for the LTD company,then you would make the employees leavers from the sole trader scheme and new starters on the LTD scheme.
You may also wish to look like TUPE, which would allow the employees to keep continuous employments between the 2.
You can find information on this by here:
Business transfers, takeovers and TUPE
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.