Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 20:08:51 GMT by Bob Singh
Born in the UK, have a family home in the UK. In full time work. I have been offered a new role in The Netherlands, where I will travel back & forth and spend over >180days in The Netherlands. Would I need to pay tax in both countries UK & NL? Would I need a work permit for NL?
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2024 10:33:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Bob,
You will pay tax in the country that you are considered tax resident and this is for you to determine.
See guidance at RDR3 Statutory Residence Test and you may need to apply for tax exemption in one of the countries.
You will need to check with the Netherlands as to whether a work permit is required or not.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.