Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:07:20 GMT by JHK2023
Hi I am a non UK director, and my UK company will be paying me salary. I: am working wholly outside the UK has not been resident in the UK before do not intend to and will not perform any duties in the UK 1) Do my company need to pay my wage via UK PAYE system? 2) Do I need to file self assessment? 3) Do my company need to make any report to HMRC so that I can reduce the wage paid as business expense? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 16 Aug 2023 18:48:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi JHK2023,
Yes, as an employee of a UK company, you are subject to the UK PAYE system,
However, your employer can contact HMRC to seek a direction to operate PAYE on an employees earning.
Your employer (or their acting agent) would do this by summitting form S690:
Apply for a direction to operate PAYE on an employee's earnings
Based on the information provided, confirmation on how to operate PAYE will be sent to your employer.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.